Thursday, July 31, 2008

Cheesecake

Yesterday was National Cheesecake Day, which meant that the Cheesecake Factory was selling cheesecake slices for $1.50. DUH we were there! But so was everyone else on th entire east coast. Seriously, there should be more than one Cheesecake Factory north of the Mason-Dixon line! It felt kind of like Disneyland on a crowded day. You wait in line, and you think you're getting closer, but then there's a turn in the line, and another. And you've waited so long that it doesn't make sense to leave now, and then you get to the ride, and even if it is lame, you have to pretend it was the best ride of your life.

That is what it was like at the Cheesecake Factory on National Cheesecake Day. We waited for 3 hours to get our $1.50 slices of cheesecake, but because we waited so long, it tasted like the best f-ing cheesecake of our entire lives. Jen cynically thinks that this holiday was invented by the Cheesecake Factory; I have to do more research before I can corroborate or disprove that claim.

Today I lived a different sort of American dream. I walked the mile or so to this reservoir nearby, sat down by a table to read Sherlock Holmes, and saw....AN ALBINO SQUIRREL! It was craazy! Basically I was minding my own business when I saw a flash of white out of the corner of my eye. Then it zoomed up a tree and I realized I was witnessing the "Snow White" of squirrels in a dexterous treetop maneuver; if it didn't probably have rabies, I would have tried to pet it. I will have to say it was the most beautiful and majestic squirrel I have ever seen in my short life. Except it probably had rabies. They always do.

Also, I have said there are many hipsters in Boston, but yesterday we were riding back from practice when we passed a boy, college-aged perhaps, walking to work. I thought he was wearing pajama pants, Di thought he was wearing Ralph Lauren pants. He also had a sweatband and a V-neck...does that make him a hipster? also, I didn't understand the pants.

Most likely, he didn't have time to dress and we're overanalyzing. But, that's fashion!

No comments: