I am surprisingly good at packing not necessarily the essentials, but a roundabout set of objects which, in the case of an emergency/adventure, could be used for survival. This conclusion was made after my flight to Boston, in which my luggage was lost for three days. I still had my carry-on, however, which proved to contain an invaluable assortment of items.
First, I realized I wanted to work out, which was easy, given that I had a full set of workout shoes and clothes. I also happened to pack a towel, toothbrush, and deodorant. After a bit more digging, I also found: a star gazing book, a calendar, weights-training schedules, a pack of ramen noodles, THREE pairs of sunglasses, an ipod, temporary tattoo "bling", a reader's digest, water bottle, and, while I didn't have my wallet, I did have my brand-new credit card.
This means that, were I to be stranded Hatchet-style in the woods, desert, or mountains, I would be able to survive via:
a) food and water (ramen!)
i) Also I should include hunting. I could use the "body weights" exercise portion of the weights schedule to become strong enough to stalk and hunt prey.
b) shelter (towel lean-to)
c) entertainment (readers digest and ipod) as well as fashion (fake bling tattoos)
d) sundries and commodities (credit card duh)
e) escape. I could use the calendar to track the days and then look up the corresponding star map to plot my course back to civilization.
So I pretty much had it all planned out. Unfortunately, Delta gave me back my luggage eventually, so I didn't get to try out my flawless survival plan.
Boston, also, being a large metropolitan area, has more than enough sundries to go around, which further negates my opportunity to face the elements.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment