Tuesday, May 6, 2008

I've been luckier.

Well I am lucky to be alive, and being as I am both lucky and alive, I will address these two issues.

First. I found my first ever four-leaf clover. It wasn't as dramatic as one would expect; I looked online that a four-leaf clover occurs once in every 10,000 clovers (sidenote: the record is an 18 leaf clover!) so I figured I could find one pretty quickly if I scanned 3 clovers per second. Well, I found one, but it wasn't a four-leaf clover. it had four leaves, all right, but not in the right configuration. It was a fake PSEUDO-four-leaf clover. This is important. Thinking I had used up my 1 in 10,000, my search was a bit less enthusiastic, but soon after I found a REAL four leaf clover. In order to protect them both I put them in my military-grade phone. No safer place.

well it turns out ONE of these clovers is unlucky, and I think it isn't hard to tell which!

Since the clovers, my phone has not been working (you would think it would be luckier!) and a bird tried to fly into my room but more importantly, I almost died. Literally. Let's just say it was a good thing I had a backup clover.

we were up in the hills and saw a newt in a little pond thing. I was opposed to picking it up because I remembered that they can secrete deadly poisons, but we picked it up anyway. I even reached into my candy bag after touching the newt!

Well as it turns out these newts secrete a poison 100 times more deadly than cyanide! How UNLUCKY! (thanks, fake clover). If it had wanted to, the amount on the head of a pin kills an adult, so this newt had our number for sure. LUCKILY, it didn't kill us (thanks, real clover).

I think I might try to find another real clover to tip the balance in my favor.

I'll end with an excerpt from my brother's story titled: 2042. it's set post WW3.

"Somehow, somebody in my family had survived the radiation, and it carried over to their children. My mother was nine feet even! My clothes I had had since I was twelve; and since then I had grown three feet. One bad thing about the defects of radiation (like my height), was that my left pupil dilated extremely slowly, so I couldn’t go out in the sun too fast. "

No comments: